Location: Brisbane, AU
Type of Contract: Permanent, Casual or Contract
Level of experience: 10-15 years however, candidates with all levels of experience are welcome to apply.
Reporting to the Managing Director; the Senior Systems Safety Assurance Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team and play a crucial role in the successful delivery of projects. The role will provide you with the opportunity to apply your Systems Safety Assurance expertise across major projects.
- Perform systems safety assurance consulting activities to clients during project stages.
- Deliver comprehensive systems safety management plans for each project to defined requirements and outcomes.
- Effectively manage workshop planning & facilitation using your skills to engage stakeholders and achieve outcomes.
- Form and maintain hazard logs, develop systems safety requirements, verify & identify safety requirements, specify & assure to SILs and write appropriate safety cases utilising Goal Structured Notation.
- Perform reviews of project delivery in alignment to systems safety assurance requirements, whilst complying with standards such as EN50126.
- Actively promote our brand and capabilities with clients, performing detailed research & analysis and assisting in tenders & commercial bids.
- Be a trusted contributor to project requirements, leveraging your knowledge from a systems safety and regulatory perspective.
- Cross collaborate with team members to manage the minimisation of project risks.
Experience & skills:
- Degree Qualified in an Engineering discipline, preferably in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or a similar rail specific discipline.
- Have achieved Chartered Professional Engineer status or have a plan in place to achieve Chartered Status
- 5+ year's experience in systems safety assurance within the Rail or Transport sector.
- A strong level of technical knowledge relating to safety standards, in particular EN50126.
- The ability to write quality plans and reports and provide subject matter expertise to stakeholders.
- Proven abilities to build sound working relationships across diverse groups internally and externally.